October 24, 2012

new life in our home

Annika Mae Rose
born September 28th, at 1:32 am
weighed in at 7 lbs, 8 oz
Born at home into the loving arms of her parents 
and beautiful midwives, born in the water, in our kitchen.

We are overflowing with gratitude for her little life.

We ask your prayers as well, for not but a week after our fifth child, Annika was born, 
we were saddened by the news of my mother's passing from this life. 
She found peace on October 3rd. 
We are mourning one life and celebrating a new life all at once. 
Hence my absence from this space. 
We have been surrounded with love, prayers, and practical support
 in the form of meals, help with the children and housework. 
For that we are grateful. 
I hope, in the days ahead to blog a bit about this journey we are on. 
Grieving a parent is a new and uncharted path for me; 
doing so while being newly postpartum is an even more unique journey. 
I am trying to be gentle with myself...one day at a time.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a sweet, sweet little girl. Sending lots of love and prayers your way, Erin. ox

Erin said...

Thanks Becky! That little sweater you gifted us with on Sunday is just adorable on Annika. Did you know how much I love grey? It is perfect. Thank you so very much!

Elena said...

What a beautiful down covered face!

W-S Wanderings said...

Hugs...